Friday, May 29, 2009

An Unintentional Consequence

NEW YORK, May 26, 2009—Following the rules is never something she is very good at. The owner of the Herald Towers Apartments considers her to be a famous face around the city and opens a room for her whenever she is visiting. Enjoying the celebrity treatment she receives, she doesn’t think the rules of the building apply to her.

Herald Towers Security Guard, Sean Zanders says that he remembers this particular lady who gives the security team something to deal with. Zanders is sitting with a strong posture at the front desk, in his maroon coat with gold buttons. He plans on having a quiet, uneventful evening when he sees the woman outside on the street.

This time she is standing outside the thick glass doors peering inside to plan sneaking past Zanders. She hesitates for a moment contemplating if he has already seen her white furry creature, but after a few moments she pulls open the door and begins to walk in.

“She doesn’t normally obey the rules of the building, but it’s nothing new around here,” Zanders said.

She pulls open the second door and without paying any attention to the poodle yapping behind her, the door quickly closes trapping the helpless animal. This oblivious woman continues yanking the leash to drag the dog beside her, while each time smashing her pet’s head into the glass.

After a few minutes, the woman realizes the door is blocking her poodle. She turns around to liberate it and walks past the security counter acting as if nothing unusual just happened.

“Well I figured at that point there was no form of consequence I should give her. I simply was astonished by what I had just seen,” Zanders said. “I guess she received the consequence on her own, or at least her dog did.”

No comments: